My guest this week is Veronica Flores from Nurturing Connections. Veronica once worked a thriving, lucrative full-time business. Yet as her business grew, her marriage, her health, and her children began to suffer.
Veronica shares her brave and bold story of giving up her career, her (misplaced) identity, her income, and her status amongst her colleagues. Instead of a generous salary, they now live off of one income. Instead of the fancy clothes, she now has a simpler wardrobe. Instead of airports, flights, and hotels, she now cleans bathrooms, folds laundry, and washes dishes. Listen in as she shares why she left her career and how her obedience to God, has changed her family’s life.
*Spoiler alert: This is my last podcast. Listen to the end for my reasons why.
Pour another cup of coffee or tea and be encouraged for the next 55 minutes. The resources mentioned in this podcast can be found below.
Please do leave a (5 star ) rating on iTunes. That is how other homemakers find this podcast easier.
This podcast covers:
- Veronica shares how deceiving it is, to attempt to have the best of both worlds (a part-time career with having children).
- After her daughter was born, Veronica felt that her “window” to make money was closing, so she had to get “out there” asap. Veronica shares how these feelings are leading Christian wives and mothers astray.
- Veronica shares that “The income was more than I had ever expected to make, but it didn’t come without a cost,” and how that “cost” manifested in her life.
- She shares how her physical health suffered tremendously under the stress and constant demands.
- Veronica shares why she believes when things go good at work with uplifting accolades and good money, why it takes so long for us to look past the success, to see what is really happening.
- One night the Lord got Veronica’s attention one night in Texas while she was away from home, and from that night, she shares what transpired next.
- Once she realizes we need to change direction, things take time. Veronica felt like she needed to homeschool her son, but when she told her husband, she had no list of reasons, no real motive, and no plan, but she just knew.
- Veronica shares whether or not she ended up having to quit her business.
- Veronica explains how they were able to make it on just one income.
- Veronica took a modern-day, “put your business and finances first,” approach and instead of stopping or slowing down and homeschooling, she actually decided to grow the business while homeschooling for a year. Veronica shares how that turned out for her. (personal note here to you.. I totally get that!)
- She describes how the choice to homeschool, stay at home, etc. has now impacted her marriage, children, finances, home life, health.
- Veronica shares advice on how to live off of one income.
- Veronica describes what she has learned through her experiences.
- Veronica shares how homeschooling has been a blessing to her family.
- Why this is Jennifer’s last podcast
Where to Find Veronica:
- Proverbs 10:22 “The blessing of the Lord makes us rich, and He adds no sorrow to it”
- Veronica’s Blog Post: Why I gave my dreams to be a homeschooling mom
Please share, if this would encourage another.