Pandemic & Everyday Homeschooling with Amy Roberts
Our family has been officially homeschooling since 1999 when we started preschool with our oldest daughter. It’s been a journey and what we did back then is different than what we do now. When she was just 6 we moved from California, to an area with a huge amount of large, homeschooling families.
And while many families home educate without a support network or maybe not even knowing many other homeschooling families at all, within the past 3 months, with the recent COVID-19 pandemic, the entire country (with few if any exceptions) is “doing school at home.”
This brings me to today’s podcast. Amy Roberts is a 17 year veteran homeschool mom of 10. So when I received questions about starting out, and about teaching your own kids as a “COVID-19 homeschool mom,” Amy was the first one I reached out to. This episode covers so much more than pandemic-schooling though.
Whether you are a brand new homeschool mom, a large family homeschool mom, a veteran homeschool mom, or one who just needs some encouragement and guidance in this area, you will find something that will be a blessing and encouragement to you here:
Pour another cup of coffee or tea and be encouraged for the next 40 minutes. And, please do leave a rating and review on iTunes, that is how other homemakers will find this podcast.
Today’s Podcast Covers:
- A typical homeschool daily schedule, pre and during COVID
- How a “COVID homeschool mom” should structure her day
- The best way to homeschool with a wide variation in ages
- Learn about the blessing of unit studies
- Learn how long it should actually take to homeschool each day
- Learn what to do with kids after school is over for the day
- What should you do about limiting video games and screen time?
- Learn what to do with the baby while you teach older kids
- What age should you start formal teaching with younger kids?
- Learn how to not get sucked into comparison
- Find out how to balance housework with teaching
- Be encouraged and gain confidence, if you’re just starting out
- Learn about the learning curve as a homeschooling mom
- Hear what Amy would have done differently, and what is one thing she’s really glad she continued with
- and more…
- Home Management for the Homeschool Mom eBook
- Flexible Homeschool Planning eBook
- How to Set Up a Simple Homeschool Schedule Podcast Episode
- Peaceful Press: Peaceful Preschool
- A year of Playing Skillfully
Where to Find Amy:
Have you been encouraged? Subscribe!
If this Confident Conversations with Homemakers podcast has been a blessing to you, I’d love to hear about it! Head over to iTunes to subscribe and leave a rating and a review while you’re there, so other we can encourage one another!