My guest this week is Grace Wagler and we are discussing why Grace made the decision to delete her social media. Find out how her life has changed without the constant pull of her socials, how she has since filled her time, and what advice she would give to other homemakers considering doing the same.
Social media can often be a double-edged sword. On one hand, it can be a great tool to keep up with friends and family, on the other, it can lead to online addiction, unhealthy levels of comparison, and endless time wasted.
Pour another cup of coffee or tea and be encouraged for the next 50 minutes. The resources mentioned in this podcast can be found below.
Please do leave a (5 star) rating on iTunes. That is how other homemakers find this podcast too.
Show Notes and References:
- Social Media may be linked to a Surge in Self-Harm among Teenage Girls.
- Social Media Use and Self Harm Behaviors in Adolescents
- Self-harm has surged among teen girls ‘due to cyberbullying and smart phones’, CDC report declares
- Simon Sinek Q & A: How Do Cell Phones Impact Our Relationships
Have you been encouraged? Subscribe!
This podcast covers:
- Since deleting social media, Grace share’s what has changed in her life and what she does with the “extra” time now.
- How much time Grace would say she spent using her phone, and her social media accounts before deleting them.
- What caused/encouraged Grace to delete those accounts.
- How much Grace’s phone usage decreased once she deleted social media.
- How it has affected her and her family.
- One of the most common struggles for other Christian homemakers is with time management. Grace shares how deleting social media on her phone benefited her time management.
- What advice/recommendations Grace would give to moms considering deleting their own social media accounts.
- How Grace will handle the subject (social media) when her children are much older and express an interest in that area.
- Grace shares the dangers and pitfalls from using social media.
Who may be most encouraged by this podcast:
- Christian women
- Homemakers overwhelmed by social media
- Those who need help setting social media boundaries
Where you can Find Grace:
Please share, if this would encourage another.