Gossip. It’s all around us and as women we are prone to spread and soak in gossip. But this is sin. If you need to learn more about resisting gossip, you are in the right place!
My conversation today is with Marci Ferrell; Wife, mother, grandmother and homemaker. Since gossiping is a sin most women are prone to, you will want to listen in to today’s conversation. You’ll find a detailed list below of most of what we discuss.
Pour another cup of coffee or tea and be encouraged for the next 35 minutes. And, please do leave a rating and review on iTunes, that is how other homemakers will find this podcast.
This podcast covers:
- When we should speak up & when we should remain quiet
- Things many women say that is actually gossip
- How we can open our mouths with wisdom on a daily basis
- What we should be saying to each other
- Six questions you can ask yourself before speaking
- Avoiding gossip via Facebook, etc
- The meaning of Proverbs 10:19 “When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.”
- What to do when others start to share gossip
- and more…
Who may be most encouraged by this podcast:
- Christian women
Where to Find Marci:
- Resisting Gossip: Winning the War of the Wagging Tongue by Matthew Mitchell
- Some questions to ponder as you interact with your family and others:
- Where can you stop speaking words of destruction? What relationship most needs that from you? How are you going to remind yourself?
- Where can you begin speaking words that create this week? Who most needs you to speak encouragement to them? (Taken from Jen Wilkin’s study on James, Week 7)
Leave a Reply